Helena Area Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in working for our organization, please look below for open positions
OPEN POSITIONS –
Construction Crew Leader 2020-21
For one year, you can get paid to build sustainable solutions in a community, gain valuable hands on experience and prepare for your future. This full-time AmeriCorps service position offers a great opportunity to make a real impact in the lives of others while building your own knowledge and skillset.
AmeriCorps National members serve the community in direct service and capacity building activities.
The construction crew leader plays an integral part in building and repairing homes. Lead groups of skills and unskilled volunteers and homeowner families in construction activities while maintaining a safe, efficient work environment, thus, developing and enhancing your volunteer management and construction skills.
To APPLY and learn more, please follow this link: https://www.habitat.org/about/careers/americorps/construction-crew-leader-2020-21-18?fbclid=IwAR09Licw3–2V5NMn8OscpjksAvSPvs02IbtUSWjXHwPNZ83Fy_-QzWidN4
Please send all questions to: email@example.com
Office Location: Helena, Montana
Status: Exempt, Full-time position (General schedule: 8-5 Tuesday-to-Saturday)
Salary: $41,000 – $45,000/year (depending on experience)
Benefits include: Medical, Employer HSA contribution, 3% retirement match, 15 days PTO, 7 paid holidays, cellphone reimbursement, long-term disability.
The ReStore manager is responsible for all areas of the day-to-day management of the Helena ReStore including all daily operations, schedules, and positive development of Associates, Volunteers and ReStore assets in providing a high quality donor-to-customer experience. The manager implements and drives programs and outreach for donations, and a provides sustained network development to expand the scope of Habitat ReStore activities to develop long-term, collaborative relationships with community based Trade/Business Groups, churches, donors and others to secure donations. The manager ensures the ReStore raises awareness of Helena Area Habitat for Humanity’s mission in the community.
- Drive donations, sales and profits of the ReStore to further the local affiliate mission.
- Demonstrate and train staff in outstanding service to customers, donors, volunteers and others.
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential and existing donors, including individuals, businesses, community and church groups to increase quality and quantity of merchandise donations.
- Understand and communicate to all Associate positions the Key Performance Metrics for all ReStore operations and how they relate/contribute to positive customer experience and high quality operations.
- Ensure ReStore is adequately staffed and operated by Associates with knowledge, skills, abilities and leadership to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ensure all personnel understand and can effectively communicate the Habitat ReStore, local affiliate and HFH missions to members of the public.
- Effectively manage Habitat ReStore assets to ensure safety of employees, volunteers, customers and others
Public Relations, Marketing and Advertising
- Participate in developing and implementing an annual marketing plan for the ReStore.
- Develop and present proposals to the Executive Director for direct approval or support for presentation to the Board.
Staff & Volunteer Management
- Hire, train and manage ReStore Associates in accordance with relevant personnel and safety policies and take steps to ensure staff is well versed so that all policies and practices are understood an adhered to.
- Work alongside Habitat’s volunteer coordinator to recruit, train and engage volunteers.
- Evaluate, recognize and reward staff performance. Work with designated affiliate functions, when required, to address violations of policy including safety, poor job performance or misconduct in a timely and appropriate manner. Properly document incidents, and develop corrective actions.
Finance and Administration
- Implement and monitor systems for daily cash transactions and deposits.
- Provide accurate accounting records of revenues and expenses as required or requested.
- Approve employee recording of time worked.
- Approve, ensure accurate coding and submit payable invoices on a timely basis. Communicate questionable invoices to AP and ensure expenditures are held within acceptable limits.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director and Controller to develop annual operating budgets
Reporting and Communications
- Provide reports of designated activities including but not limited to: sales, expenses, outreach activities and other areas of interest to their immediate supervisor, ED, CEO or Board.
- Information, work and safety practices are reinforced with Associates and others who will be in the facility and property.
- Keep ED informed appropriately and timely of operational and financial matters.
- Excellent customer service skills (in person and via telephone / computer)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products (Excel & Word), plus computer operation tasks
- 3 years responsible and ethical leadership, directing successful teams and accountable for meeting objectives.
- Experience working within a committee structure
- Skill and ability communicating with a diverse range of ethnic and economic demographics
- A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Accuracy, detail-oriented & organized
- Has excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Prior work with budget preparation and management
- Ability to safely lift and position up to 50 lbs. Job entails regular bending, kneeling and reaching and active movement throughout the day to assist customers.
- Prior non-profit experience
- Experience writing grants and managing requirements
- Knowledge of construction language
Special Work Requirements:
- Public speaking
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Valid driver’s license required, clean driving record, ability to travel in adverse weather conditions
Required Education, Experience
- Degree in business or management (and/or the equivalent professional level experience in a related field)
- Four-years’ experience in position with related duties
Helena Area Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Email a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org [Or for more info. contact Jacob at (406) 204-7315]