Covid-19 Resources

Informational Websites:


Montana Response: COVID-19:


Center for Disease Control:


World Health Organization:


USDA Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19):


2020 Mental Health Resources:


National Alliance on Mental Illness:


Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration:


Digital Resources for Mental Health:


Child Mind Institute:


Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services:


Indian Health Service:


Intertribal Agriculture Council:


Food and Nutrition Service Response to Covid-19:


Find Meals for Kids When Schools Are Closed:


Food Planning during the Coronavirus pandemic:


Workplace Leave and Unemployment Insurance for Those Affected by Covid-19:

Do I have to have insurance to get tested for Covid-19?

No. Every Montanan, insured or not, has access to free testing if a medical provider prescribes a test. If you think you may be displaying symptoms, call your doctor or contact your local county or tribal health department. Local health departments can be found here.

I'm not eligible for traditional unemployment insurance. Am I eligible under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act?

The CARES Act temporarily increased flexibility in unemployment insurance to cover folks that are self-employed, part-time, or gig economy workers.

How do I apply for unemployment insurance?

Montanans can find the unemployment insurance application here.

Am I eligible for the economic impact payments included in the CARES Act? How much will I get?

Most folks will be eligible – single tax filers with income less than $75,000 will receive the full $1,200 payment. Eligible joint filers will receive up to $2,400. If you have children, you will also receive $500 per child. More information on the economic impact payments can be found here.

What if I didn't file a tax return in 2018 or 2019?

The IRS is urging anyone with a tax filing obligation to file their returns as soon as possible to ensure they receive an economic stimulus payment.

I don't typically file a tax return. What can I do?

The IRS will use information on the Form SSA-1099 or Form RBR-1099 for certain folks not required to file taxes. This includes senior citizens, Social Security recipients, and railroad retirees.

My 2018 and 2019 returns did not include my direct deposit information. How will I receive the stimulus payment?

The Treasury Department plans to develop a web-based portal for folks to provide their banking information to the IRS. If you are eligible to receive the payment and do not provide your banking information, you will receive your payment in the mail.

How do I apply for a loan through the Small Business Administration to support my small business?

There are a number of programs that are available to support both you as a small business and your employees. The Small Business Administration has drastically expanded access to low-interest loans to help businesses, nonprofits, and the self-employed during this outbreak. To apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan through the Small Business Administration, visit Small businesses can apply for the Paycheck Protection Program through SBA-approved lenders.

What support is included for VA health care facilities and their Covid-19 response?

The CARES Act included $19.57 billion in funding to ensure VA has the equipment, tests, telehealth capabilities, and support necessary to care for veterans and equip health workers at facilities across the country.

I have a loved one abroad - what can they do to ensure they secure safe travel back home?

If you or a loved one are traveling abroad and having trouble getting back home, please contact Senator Tester’s office at 202-224-2644. My office is working directly with travelers and their families to get them accurate information on how to safely return to the Treasure State.

The information above was sent out by Senator Tester’s office. Graphics provided by United Way of the Lewis and Clark Area, St. Peters Health, and Lewis and Clark County Health Department.